My standard fee for psychotherapy sessions is $150 for 45-50 minutes. However, I try to set rates at levels my clients can afford. Therefore, some fee negotiation is possible. If you are late for a session, that lost time is included in the 45-50 minutes per session. Please make every effort to be on time.
Payment is due at the conclusion of each session. If you are utilizing health insurance, your fee will be determined by your therapist’s contracted rate with your insurance company and any required co-payment will be collected at the conclusion of the session.
My fees for other than office sessions are as follows:
- Phone calls exceeding 10 minutes once a week: If services are being paid by the insurance company, then calls an hour or longer will be billed to the insurance company. If services are being paid out of pocket, calls will be billed based on the agreed upon fee for time spent on the phone.
- Consultation Services: $500-$1,500 dependent upon the number of sessions needed and the number of records, reports, etc. that must be reviewed.
- Preparation of Letters or Reports: $200 per hour
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder or Asperger’s Disorder Assessments: $200 per hour. This includes an intake session with parents to gather background information, observation sessions with your child, time spent scoring the assessment tools administered to parents, teachers, and your child, a possible classroom observation, time spent talking to teachers and other professionals familiar with your child on the phone, time spent writing up the assessment results, and a session to present the results to the family. If utilizing your health insurance, fees will be determined by the therapist’s contracted rate with the insurance company. The insurance company will pay for a set amount of assessment hours. Time spent beyond the amount covered by the insurance will be paid by the client at the aforementioned rate.
- Attendance and Participation at an Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meeting: $150 per hour. Travel time that is within 15 minutes of my office is included. Time beyond that is charged at the proportionate hourly rate.
- Classroom Observations: $150 per hour. Travel time that is within 15 minutes of my office is included. Time beyond that is charged at the proportionate hourly rate.
- Testimony, court appearances, preparation of written documents, meetings, and phone consultations for legal proceedings initiated by you or others relating to your case: $350.00 per hour. There will also be a fee for mileage to and from the court appearance of $.50 a mile and parking fees will be covered by the client. An advance payment of $600 will be required as a retainer to be received no later than 72 hours before any scheduled court or other legal hearing. The retainer will be applied toward the total fees and costs for the trial or hearing.
- Play Therapy Supervision: $100 per hour.
You will be asked to sign an agreement before sessions or other services are provided. In essence, the agreement states:
I understand that payment is due at the end of each session. I agree to cooperate with procedures required to collect third-party payments. If I receive a third-party payment, I agree to turn it over to my therapist as soon as possible. I also understand that I am responsible for any fees not covered by the insurance company.
- I understand that my psychotherapist reserves an appointment time for me. I agree to call 24 hours in advance if I must cancel a session in order to allow my therapist to reschedule his or her time. If I provide less than 24 hours notice of a cancellation, unless a sudden medical emergency has occurred, I will pay the regular session fee of $150.00. If utilizing my health insurance, I will be responsible for paying the therapist at the normal contracted rate.
- If you have any questions regarding my fees, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
I am currently paneled by the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- College Health IPA
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- Mental Health Network (MHN)
- United Behavioral Health
- The Holman Group
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Cal Optima
- Value Options
I am in the process of becoming paneled by more insurance companies, so keep checking this page to see if your insurance company is added to the list.
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!